Freelancers – Meet the New Workforce for Start-ups
You have worked hard on your concept, and have done all that is necessary to start the infancy phase of your business. What an exciting journey that lies ahead! Next on your To-Do list is essential – hiring the right workforce that suits your individual business requirements. Read on to discover why freelancers are the new optimized workforce that you need!
Why You Should Consider Hiring Freelancers
There are many benefits associated with employing Freelancers versus a permanent workforce. Some of these reasons include:
- Majority of freelancers have a solid understanding of marketing and/or sales to a certain degree.
- Freelancers are essentially independent contractors who possess a vast range of skills that will come in mighty handy in your Startup.
- You save costs on office space, equipment and not to mention time. Freelancers have their own tools & resources and are fully geared to work virtually from anywhere in the world. You will not have to invest time in training or any other resources for them to get the job done, apart from their agreed wages.
- Because they are essentially self-employed, these individuals are very flexible when it comes to time.
- They have an entrepreneurial mindset, just like yours, making it a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Freelancers are ready to work and are multi-skilled. Therefore, one person can be repurposed in many different areas of your business.
- These independent contractors can grow your startup business exponentially, without having to employ full-time staff.
- As a business owner, you will be assured of quality work that is delivered on time. Freelancers are self-disciplined and take initiative. They are highly aware that if they don’t deliver, they will not receive payment for the job.
How to reach these unicorns?
Technology is a powerful tool in helping in this case. With many platforms catering to the needs of startups, like GigMastery.com, which provides an excellent pool of qualified freelancers. Their skills and experience are easily available to you at the touch of a button.
Using your website is another way to proverbially kill two birds with one stone. Not only will you increase your digital presence by sending traffic to your website and secondly having a means in which you can communicate to your target audience. It is as simple as creating a button or a page to let the public know you are hiring. Freelancers will then reach you via a simple Google search.
LinkedIn has also become a go-to online network with far-reaching communities. This platform also has a focused approach in terms of hiring employees, such as freelancers for the required manpower to keep your business fully operational.
Finding freelancers that match your expectations and deliver quality work might take some time, however, keep in mind that the benefits greatly exceed the disadvantages by a considerable margin.
Naturally, in the beginning, some groundwork will be required in terms of hunting down the right freelancers; but hiring a freelancer will result in lower costs and greater outcomes. This will allow you to focus on other areas of the business.